Monday, April 18, 2011

Clean Sheet Night

Is there anything better than clean sheet night? Picture this- You pull back the bedspread of a freshly made bed and slip right in to the middle of the tightly pulled sheets. You exhale a weeks worth of stress as you feel the crisp and cool fabric of your sheets rub against your legs. You lay still for a few minutes, not wanting to lose this euphoria. Then, slowly, you begin to move each leg until it catches a section of cold, untouched fabric allowing you to enjoy another minute or two of bliss. Okay okay, maybe I enjoy clean sheet night a little more than the average person, but it's the little things, ya know?

I, admittedly, do a poor job of living in the present. Not to say that I don't enjoy things or recognise things while they are happening (See paragraph above), but it seems as if there is always something I am trying to work for in the future. This weekend is one of those things. I get to go home and see my fam for Easter! I have been talking with my brothers girlfriend, Ashley, and we have decided to make this Easter one of fun and games. Nothing brings a family together quite like unhealthy, family rivaled, competition, right? I have prepared myself to dominate at any card game that gets suggested. I personally feel that we should bring in a few games from"Minute To Win It" as well. I will let you know how this goes. What could go wrong??

In addition to the family festivities soon to occur, I am also super excited about Friday! I get to go to The Civil Wars concert in Lawrence! I'm pretty stoked about this, I'm not gonna lie. Here is one of their songs. I am including this in my post because when my mother, (who swore she would kill me if I ever mentioned her in a post), heard that I was going to see the Civil Wars, she called me a "nerd of a daughter." She was relieved to hear that it was not a museum or reenactment, until I told her that I would actually really enjoy something like that as well. Sorry to disappoint you Momma! But in the interest of staying the favorite, I feel like you should know that Nic makes faces behind your back when you talk.


In other news, I started a new book this weekend! Pride and Prejudice. I'm only three chapters in, and so far I have been able to follow along. Before starting the book, the only things I knew about it were from You've Got Mail. Heck, if Meg Ryan has a hard time following the language, I don't stand a chance! But move over Meggy, I may just have some smarts after all :) I will keep you updated.

Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Bwa ha ha! Make sure you link this on her wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting into my bed when it's made. What's the point of making a bed if its just gonna get unmade in a few hours? I do wash my sheets often but I must admit, the fact that they are clean doesn't matter a hill of beans to me. I just like sleep!!! :) Oh and I know I said it already but I will put it in writing....soooo not cool to nark on the bro! ;) (even though, as a mom, I know for a fact she already knows without seeing him! We have eyes in the back of our heads!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you actually wash your sheets other than when we come into town?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes...I really just said that to look good ;)Haha of course I do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled on this through another blog I follow. Very enjoyable! (And I love clean sheets, too. You're not alone.)

    Ok, wow. I have a new band to enjoy. Thank you.

    And for the book - once you make it through, reward yourself with "Price and Prejudice and Zombies." All the brain-eating mayhem Jane Austen would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for commenting Kirsta! I'm glad that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete