Tuesday, April 12, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I’ve jumped. I saw the Blog Bandwagon coming and I hopped right on. I hope it’s taking me in the right direction, and doesn’t end up being comparative to desperately needing a ride, and opting to hitchhike with some balding middle-aged man named “Ike” who won’t stop talking about his 17 cats. Although to be fair, I would rather ride with Ike than “Serial Killer Stan.”

I guess I should begin with telling about myself. My name is Alyssa, I am 24, and I am living in Missouri. I moved here just over a year ago from a small town in Kansas. You made have heard of it- Wichita? On that note, I am pleased to announce that I am now on a path to heading back home! The only problem is that this yellow brick road may end up being about 6-9 months long. But at least I’ve started walking! Anyway, I live my life for Jesus, and try to follow a basic set of rules including, but not limited to,  ‘Never consume anything artificially colored purple’ and ‘Never trust a Chinese Buffet’ .

Here is a picture of myself. Of course I put up a good one, but in the interest of unbiased information, I have also included one that makes me look like an idiot.


My passion is reading, and I like to pretend that I am a writer.  *Notice how I use the term writer, because ‘author’ would suggest that someone would actually pay to hear my words. I’m actually working on a series of children’s mystery books! (Side note- Working= Think of ideas in my head and occasionally write them down.)

As a Birthday gift from my Uncle, I received the light of my life! Her name is Daphne, and she is a 3 month old dachshund mix puppy. Other than her peculiar anxiety issues, she is the most wonderful gift I could have imagined! But she makes up for it as she has truely been a God Send, and has helped me get through a very difficult time. Here is a picture of my baby:



Well, I hope this first installment will suffice in this bizzare yet tempting effort to document my daily life :)


Alyssa

7 comments:

  1. I'm still sad that you're leaving me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would much rather ride with Ike too!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for joining the wonderful world of blogging! and i am so happy you are moving home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful start and I think you will be a great writer. I enjoy mysteries myself. Its always fun to try and put all the clues together before the end of the book/movie. Keeps it interesting and fun. Good luck. I know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute puppy.
    =]
    nicoleinthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little puppy! :) you're from Kansas? I have always wanted to go there..dated a guy from there for a while, and it always sounded so beautiful with the fields and sunflowers!
    xo
    Erin

    pinkandpolos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It beautiful Erin! Lol flat, but beautiful. I definatly suggest a visit!

    ReplyDelete